Hoe Ah Leong Surgery Pte Ltd
6 Napier Road #03-10
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- FRCS (Edinburgh)
- M Med (General Surgery)
- FAMS (General Surgery)
- Prior to practicing privately, Dr Hoe was appointed a Consultant Surgeon of the Department of Surgery, Singapore General Hospital (SGH). His busy practice there included all aspects of general surgery including breast, thyroid, laparoscopic surgery (especially gallbladder surgery), appendicectomies, inguinal hernia mesh repairs, abdominal surgeries for intestinal obstructions and intestinal cancers and surgeries for common anal diseases such as piles, fistulas and fissures. Dr. Hoe also helped to develop the first Breast Clinic in Singapore General Hospital (SGH), and started the first Breast Care Unit in Singapore.
- Apart from his clinical practice, Dr Hoe dedicated himself to the training of junior doctors and nurses in Singapore General Hospital as a Clinical Tutor. He was also actively involved in several research projects which were presented at local and international conferences. His research was published in a number of notable local and international journals, such as the British Journal of Cancer, British Journal of Surgery and the Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England.Dr Hoe has also been an active member in community work and in the Singapore Cancer Society where he was a Council member for several years. He was Chairman of the Organising Committee for the 2nd Asia- Pacific UICC Breast Cancer Support Conference in 2004.
- While working in Singapore General Hospital, Dr Hoe was awarded a commendation in February 1990 as “Best Employee” based on recommendations from patients. In 2006 Dr Hoe was nominated for the “Best Healthcare Professional of the Year” award in the Straits Times, Mind Your Body Supplement (18 October 2006), a competition based on nomination and voting by the newspaper’s readers.
- Dr. Hoe has a special interest in Breast Diseases and Breast Cancer.
- Best Employee, Singapore General Hospital, 1990
- Best Healthcare Professional of the Year, Straits Times Mind Your Body, 2006
Health articles shared by Dr Hoe Ah Leong, Justin
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Hoe Ah Leong, Justin
No questions found