The Oncology Centre
3 Mount Elizabeth #17-03/04
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
6 Napier Road #05-16
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- MBBS (Honours) 2000 – National University of Singapore (NUS) School of Medicine
- MRCP (UK) 2004 – Royal College of Physicians United Kingdom
- FAMS (Medical Oncology) 2009 – Academy of Medicine Singapore
- FRCP (Edinburgh) 2015 – Royal College of Physicians Edinburgh
- Dr Daniel Chan graduated with the rare distinction of honours from National University of Singapore (NUS) School of Medicine in 2000. He was trained in internal medicine and obtained the MRCP (UK) in 2004. He started medical oncology specialist training in 2005 with National University Cancer Institute of Singapore (NCIS) and became a fully qualified medical oncology specialist in 2008.
- He then went on to spend a year in the United States of America from 2010 -2011 at the prestigious University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) and Cedars-Sinai Medical Centre where he further honed his medical oncology clinical expertise under a National University Hospital Singapore Endowment Fund Award and also pursued research in the laboratory of world renown haematologist-oncologist Professor Phillip Koeffler under a Medical Research Council (NMRC) Overseas Fellowship.
- Upon his return, he was a consultant in medical oncology at the National University Cancer Institute Singapore and director of undergraduate education (medical oncology) at NUS till 2013. He was also actively involved in cancer research at the Cancer Science Institute Singapore. He is well versed in general medical oncology (breast, lung and colon cancer) and also has subspecialty training in lung cancer, lymphoma, neuro-oncology, and sarcoma. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), International Association for the Study of Lung Cancer (IASLC) and also the Connective Tissue Oncology Society (CTOS) of USA.
- Published in international peer reviewed journals including Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (USA), Annals of oncology and Investigational New Drugs on breast cancer, melanoma, thyroid cancer, nasopharyngeal cancer and myeloproliferative neoplasms, etc.
- Written a book chapter on breast cancer in “Oncogene and Cancer – From Bench to Clinic“.
- Was involved as a co-investigator in numerous trials of new oncology drugs in NCIS.
- New Investigator Grant for research in breast cancer in 2012 from the NMRC.
- Awarded the Excellent Service Award (EXSA) and STAR award (from SPRING Singapore) on multiple occasions for exemplary service to his patients.
- Held the position of director of undergraduate education (medical oncology) at NUS.
- First in South Asia to use the PD-1 inhibitor immunotherapy drug (Pembrolizumab) in clinical practice in October 2014.
Health articles shared by Dr Chan Boon Yeow, Daniel
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Chan Boon Yeow, Daniel View All
No questions found