- Dr Elaine Lim is a Consultant Medical Oncologist, and an active and experienced scientific research investigator with special interest in lung cancer and women's cancers. Born in Singapore, she was educated at Raffles Girls' Secondary School and Raffles Junior College. Dr. Lim was later a medical undergraduate at Trinity College, Cambridge University, where her interest in scientific research was nurtured. Upon graduation, she was selected to join the Cambridge MBBCh-PhD programme.
- Her PhD dissertation on molecular genetics was supervised by the distinguished Nobel Laureate Professor Sydney Brenner and Professor Timothy Cox. After completing her clinical training in Cambridge, Dr. Lim worked in various London hospitals, including the Royal London Hospital and the prestigious London â€˜golden circuit' of Hammersmith Hospital and Royal Brompton Hospital.
- Upon her return to Singapore, she joined the National University of Singapore and National University Hospital to pursue a career in Medical Oncology. She later joined Johns Hopkins Singapore as Consultant in Medical Oncology, Visiting Consultant at Kandang Kerbau Women's and Children's Hospital, Tan Tock Seng Hospital, National Cancer Centre, as well as being an Adjunct Senior Research Scientist at the Oncology Research Institute, NUS.
- Dr. Lim is Co-Principal Investigator of lung cancer research, helmed by the Singapore Lung Cancer Consortium. She continues to collaborate with KKH on the investigation of molecular genetics of women's cancers. Her broad interest in public service led to the completion of a Masters in Public Management at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy. Dr. Lim also attended Harvard University's John F Kennedy School of Government as a Lee Kuan Yew Fellow. She later served as Consultant in Integrated Health Services at the Ministry of Health, while continuing her practice as a Medical Oncologist.
- Dr. Lim's first priority is her patients. This resonates with the mission of International Cancer Specialists, where clinical practice continually works hand-in-hand with research to enhance the lives of cancer patients.
Health articles shared by Dr Lim Hsuen, Elaine
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Lim Hsuen, Elaine
No questions found