- MBBS (New Castle Upon Thyne),
- MRCP (Int Med) (UK),
- FRCP (Edinburgh),
- FACP (USA)
- Dr Yap-Whang Hwee Yong is the Consultant Medical Oncologist with Singapore Oncology Consultants at the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre.
- She was previously an Associate Internist/Associate Professor of Medicine with the Department of Medicine at the MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, USA.
- While as a faculty member in the Department of Medicine at MD Anderson Cancer Center, Dr Yap-Whang was involved in many research activities, and was the principal investigator for Phase 1/II developmental therapeutics and other research protocols for the treatment of breast cancer, brain tumors and CNS metastases. In addition to her more than sixty publications in international and American Peer Review Journals, she was invited as speaker in many international, European and American medical meetings and seminars. Throughout her tenure at MD Anderson Cancer Center her yearly abstracts were all selected for oral presentations at both ASCO and AACR meetings.
- Since her return to Singapore, Dr Yap-Whang continues to be active in her participation of European and American Oncology meetings and seminars. She was also involved in the selection and referral of patients for various clinical research activities both locally and overseas.
- Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine & Medical Oncology
Health articles shared by Dr Yap-Whang Hwee Yong
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Yap-Whang Hwee Yong View All
No questions found