Eye Specialist Clinic Pte Ltd
290 Orchard Road #06-01 Paragon Medical Centre Singapore 238859
- MBBS (Singapore) 1984,
- FRCSEd (Ophth) 1991,
- M Med (Ophth) (Singapore) 1992,
- FAMS (Ophth) 1998
Bahasa yang Digunakan
- I trained and refined my cataract surgery and general ophthalmology (e.g. diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration, glaucoma etc.) at high volume in Singapore National Eye Centre and Tan Tock Seng Hospital from 1989.
- Paediatric ophthalmology and strabismus. I trained for a year at Great Ormond Street Hospital forsick children and Moorfield Eye Hospital Strabismus Service in 1996-1997.
- I was the founder-director of the Lions National Glaucoma Eye Screening Program and I have extensive glaucoma experience.
- Difficult Eye Problems: I am fully trained and competent in all surgical aspects of ophthalmology as I spent many years in a general ophthalmology department practicing all sub-specialties including Oculoplastic, Retina, Cornea and Glaucoma. This comprehensive training gave me confidence in handling complicated eye problems alone as well as handling any complications that might arise in the middle of surgery.
- 1984 Basic medical degree MBBS from the National University of Singapore. Public Service Merit Scholarship
- 1989 Basic ophthalmology training in Singapore
- 1991 Trained in Tennant Institute of Ophthalmology, Glasgow
- 1991 Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (Ophthalmology) ie FRCS
- 1992 Awarded Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh Muthusamy Gold Medal for the MostOutstanding candidate for the entire academic year 1991-92 worldwide
- 1992 Master of Medicine (ophthalmology) from National University of Singapore ie MMed
- 1992 Master of Medicine Gold Medal for the top ophthalmology candidate from the National Universityof Singapore
1996 Fellow, Moorfields Eye Hospital, Strabismus (squint) service, London. Health Ministry scholarship
- 1997 Fellow, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Sick Children, Dept of Ophthalmology, London. HealthMinistry scholarship
- 1998 Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore ie FAMS
2005 Member of American Academy of Ophthalmology
- 2006 Member of American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
- Current Positions Held:Director, Lions National Glaucoma Eye Screening Service 2000
- Advisor, Ministry of Health for the National Myopia Prevention Program 2002-2006
Artikel kesehatan bersama oleh Dr Khoo Boo Kian
Artikel bersama ditemukan