Hip bursitis treatment is often a combination of:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) to reduce pain and swelling
- Corticosteroid injections into the joint to reduce inflammation and pain
- Aspiration of bursa fluid to relieve pressure
- Physiotherapy to increase your range of motion
- Avoiding pressure on the affected joint
- Avoiding activities that require climbing
If these measures are ineffective, your doctor may recommend surgery to remove the bursa.
Persistent hip pain can severely impact your quality of life. If you are experiencing hip pain, make an appointment to have it professionally evaluated so that it can be diagnosed and treated.
Make an Appointment Make an Enquiry