Our transplant team will assess you and your donor in order to confirm that you are a suitable candidate for the kidney transplant surgery.
- If you are a foreigner, your blood and imaging tests need to be repeated in Singapore to confirm your kidney disease condition.
- Your donor will also undergo strict medical examination to assess his/her suitability.
- This assessment is necessary to exclude any chronic conditions such as Hepatitis B and C, and HIV.
- Stringent blood and imaging tests, radiological examination, and psychosocial assessment will be conducted.
- Our transplant coordinator will also assess the social and financial history of the donor’s family, in order to provide the necessary information for the ethics committee.