Our transplant team will evaluate you and your donor to confirm that you are a suitable candidate for the kidney transplant surgery.
- If you are a foreigner, your blood and imaging tests need to be repeated in Singapore to confirm your kidney disease condition.
- Your donor will also have strict medical examination to evaluate their suitability as a donor.
- This assessment is necessary to exclude any chronic conditions like hepatitis B and C, and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
- Strict blood and imaging tests, radiological examination, and psychosocial assessment will be done as well.
- Our transplant coordinator will also evaluate the social and financial history of the donor’s family, to provide the necessary information for the ethics committee for approval.