The transplant team will explain the procedures planned for the day and will instruct you in the daily routine you should expect after the transplant so that you may plan your day around it and have a complete recovery. This include:
- Monitoring your vital signs every hour, this includes temperature, pulse, breathing and blood pressure.
- Your blood will be drawn daily for assessment.
- You need to have daily showers.
- Changing the dressing of your catheter depends on the type of catheter you have.
- Careful records will be kept of your intake (intravenous fluids and liquids by mouth) and output (urine, stool and vomiting).
- Your weight will be checked every morning to measure your fluid balance.