The transplant team will inform you about the daily routine and the procedures planned for the day, which allows you to take part in your care and allows you to plan your day, and these include:
- Monitoring your vital signs including temperature, pulse, breathing and blood pressure is done every hour.
- Your blood will be drawn daily for assessment.
- You need to have daily showers.
- The change of dressing of your catheter depends on the type of catheter you have.
- Careful records will be kept of your intake (intravenous fluids and liquids by mouth) and output (urine, stool and vomiting).
- Your weight will be checked every morning to measure your fluid balance.