Susan Quek Heart Care Pte Ltd
3 Mount Elizabeth #15-14 Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre Singapore 228510
Chuyên khoa /Quan tâm chính
- MBBS (Spore)
- MMed (Int. Med)
- Tiếng Anh
- Tiếng Hoa
- Tiếng Malay/Inđô
- Dr Susan Quek is a consultant Cardiologist in private practice at Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre and Hospital. She is also the Visiting Consultant Cardiologist at the National Heart Centre and Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
- Her special interest is in the field of cardiac ultrasound and she is one of the early pioneers of this subspecialty here in Singapore, having trained at the National Heart Centre in London and Stanford University and Mayo Clinic in the United States.
- From the start, she headed the Cardiac Ultrasound division of the Department of Cardiology at the Singapore General Hospital and was Acting Head of Cardiology from 1994 till 1995 when she left for private practice at Mount Elizabeth Hospital. She accepted the latter's invitation to set up its Non-invasive Cardiac Laboratory catering to both in- and out-patients, and has continued to run it on a day-to-day basis as Director of Echocardiography since.
- To date, she continues to teach and train doctors and cardiac technicians in this field and performs and oversees conventional transthoracic, transesophageal and exercise and pharmacological stress echocardiographic studies.
- Dr Susan Quek also held positions in many professional committees including the following:
- Past President and Council Member of the Singapore Cardiac Society
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Singapore National Heart Association
- Committee member of the Singapore Medical Association, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Training Programme.
- Founding member of the Singapore Hypertension Society (Current)
- Committee member of the Working Group for Clinical Practice Guidelines and Consensus statements in Lipidology.
- Member of the International Ultrasound Society.
- Member of the American Society of Echocardiography (Current)
- Member, Singapore Medical Council's Complaints Panel under the new (amended) Medical Registration Act.
- Honorary Secretary, Chapter of Cardiologists Specialty Board (2004-2006)
- Member, Chapter of Cardiologists Specialty Board (Current)
- Member, Asian Pacific Society of Heart Failure (current)
- Editorial Board Member, ASEAN Heart Journal (current)
- Dr Quek was the Singapore Cardiac Society Lecturer at the 10th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Singapore Cardiac Society in 1997 and was nominated a Fellow of the Asean College of cardiology in 2007.
- She has also presented at local and international meetings and published in local and international journals.
Bài báo sức khỏe chia sẻ bởi Dr Quek Swee San Susan
Không tìm thấy bài báo chia sẻ nào