The Heart Lung & Vascular Centre
3 Mount Elizabeth #17-13 Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre Singapore 228510
Chuyên khoa /Quan tâm chính
- Phẫu thuật tim – lồng ngực
- Chăm sóc tích cực nội khoa
- FAMS(Cardiothoracic Surgery)
- Dr Siva is presently Consultant of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery at the Heart, Lung & Vascular Centre of Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, and Singapore. Dr. Sivathasan also holds several portfolios at the National Heart Centre, Singapore, namely Program Director of the Mechanical Heart Devices and Co-Director Heart/Lung Transplantation programmes. He was the Principle Investigator for the Robotic Application of Minimally Invasive Cardiothoracic Surgery programme.
- Dr. Sivathasan is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, Edinburgh(1980) and Academy ofMedicine Singapore He graduated from Colombo Medical Faculty. He is instrumental in establishing several major programmes in Singapore, including the Mechanical Hear Assist, the heart lung transplant programme at the National Heart Centre, Robotic cardiac surgery and with its dedicated non-invasive vascular laboratory.
- Dr. Sivathasan is also an active contributor to various local and international scientific and congress organizing committees. He is also a member of various professional societies such as the International Society for Heart & Lung Transplant and the International Society for Rotary Blood Pumps. He is also a reviewer for Artificial Organs, The International Journal of Artificial Organs, Annals of Academy of Medicine, Singapore and The Asian Cardiovascular and Thoracic Annals. Currently he is a member of Board of Directors, Singapore Heart foundation.
- For his contributions towards the development of cardiothoracic surgery for close to 30 years, Dr Sivathasan was awarded the prestigious National Outstanding Clinician Award in July as part of the National Medical Excellence Awards 2011 given out by the Ministry of Health, Singapore. The award recognises individuals in public or private healthcare establishments who have made exceptional contributions to clinical work that advances the safety and quality of patient care, and who have supported and facilitated research.
Bài báo sức khỏe chia sẻ bởi Dr Sivathasan Cumaraswamy
Không tìm thấy bài báo chia sẻ nào