H Y Wong Gastrointestinal & Liver Specia
3 Mount Elizabeth #07-10 Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre Singapore 228510
Chuyên khoa /Quan tâm chính
- BM BCh
- MRCP (UK)
- FRCP (Edinburgh)
- FAMS (Gastroenterology)
- Tiếng Anh
- Tiếng Hoa
- Tiếng Malay/Inđô
- Dr Wong Heng Yu graduated from University College at Oxford University in England in 1991 with an honours degree in Physiological Sciences. He then continued his medical education at Oxford University and graduated in 1994. In his final year, Dr Wong traveled to China for a posting to understand other forms of medical treatment such as Traditional Chinese Medicine. During his 6 years at Oxford University, Dr Wong was awarded the University College Exhibition Award in 1990 and the Geoffrey Hill Spray Prize in 1994 for his academic achievements. He spent the next 1 year gaining greater medical experience further north in Britain where he worked at 2 major university hospitals: the Glasgow Royal Infirmary and the Freeman Hospital in Newcastle.
- Dr Wong continued his Internal Medicine training back in Singapore and gained much experience from his time at the National University Hospital, Tan Tock Seng Hospital and Changi General Hospital. He then gained Membership to the Royal College of Physicians of the United Kingdom. Thereafter, he embarked on advanced specialty training in Gastroenterology in Tan Tock Seng Hospital and was accredited as a Specialist in Gastroenterology by the Specialist Accreditation Board and Singapore Medical Council in 2003.
- Dr Wong then underwent subspecialty training in Gastroenterology at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in the United States for a year to further his expertise in managing challenging clinical problems in Gastroenterology. He was awarded the Fellowship of the Academy of Medicine in Gastroenterology in Singapore in 2004 and the Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh in 2007.
- Dr Wong pioneered the Functional Gastrointestinal Disorders Clinic and established the Gastrointestinal Motility Laboratory at Tan Tock Seng Hospital where he is currently a Visiting Consultant with the Department of Gastroenterology.
- Dr Wong has been involved in providing medical community service in the Riau Islands in Indonesia, and in Namibia. He has also had the opportunity to provide healthcare in Thailand and Taiwan. His philosophy in treating illness is that each patient is distinctly unique, and that treatment should be tailored individually according to each patient's needs. His extensive travel and work experience around the world have equipped him to understand and treat patients of diverse backgrounds.
Bài báo sức khỏe chia sẻ bởi Dr Wong Heng Yu
Không tìm thấy bài báo chia sẻ nào