Singapore Brain Spine Nerves Centre
3 Mount Elizabeth #15-03 Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre Singapore 228510
Chuyên khoa /Quan tâm chính
- FRCS Ed (Gen Surgery),
- FAMS (Neurosurgery),
- FRCS (Neurosurgery),
- FACS (USA)
- Dr Prem Pillay, Neurosurgeon who spent many years working for the Cleveland Clinic, a top hospital in the United States, where he was the Chief Resident Neurosurgeon and won the Lower Award and the Pudenz Award for his neuro research. He was mentored by top neurosurgeons including Dr Joe Hahn, Dr John Little, Dr Russell Hardy, Dr Ian Kalfas and Dr Sam Hassenbusch. Following that, Dr Prem Pillay was posted to the Mayo clinic, thus allowing him to learn from Dr Patrick Kelly, a leader in robotics and image-guided neurosurgery.
- Dr Prem Pillay completed a fellowship in neurosurgical oncology (Brain+Spine) at MD Anderson Cancer Center where he was taught by Dr Raymond Sawaya. Subsequently, he completed a fellowship in paediatric neurosurgery at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto,Canada under the tutelage of Dr Harold Hoffman, Dr Robin Humphreys, Dr Jim Drake, and Dr Rutka. He also worked with Dr Joe Maroon, a spine neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh and a pioneer and leading neurosurgeon for Minimally Invasive Spine and Percutaneous Spine procedures.
- Dr Prem Pillay is now pracitising at the Singapore Brain-Spine-Nerves Center at Mount Elizabeth Hospital and at the Advanced Spine Center at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital in Singapore.
- Dr Prem Pillay is an award winning neurosurgeon in the areas of less invasive Brain and Spine treatments/surgery. He is an old boy of ACS where he was a top student and a recipient of the Seow Poh Leng Medal. He is a graduate of the National University of Singapore Medical School where he was awarded the Singapore Medical Association medal for being one of the top students in his graduating class. He has served as a Military Doctor and was a Senior Surgeon at a Combat hospital during his reservist period. He was also the Head of the Department of Neurosurgery and Senior Consultant Neurosurgeon at the Singapore General Hospital and involved in the teaching and training of medical students, young doctors and neurosurgical trainee. He has introduced many new technologies and techniques in Neurosurgery to Singapore and the Region, including computer aided/Image guided surgery for the brain and spine,3D microsurgery, and radiosurgery including the gamma knife epilepsy surgery, neuro endoscopy and Pain treatments. He was awarded the Mahaley Award (USA/ International) for innovative work on endoscopic tumor surgery in the area of neuro oncology. He also received the National Brain Tumor Foundation (USA) award for his work in helping individuals with tumors.
- Dr Prem Pillay has presented at about100 international/local meetings and written for journals,textbooks and public talks. He remains committed to carrying out quality treatment pioneered by the best neurosurgeons in the world to his patients.
- Memberships in Professional Organisations: Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons (AANS), Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons(CNS) for the tumour, spine & peripheral nerve, stereotactic & functional neurosurgery, paediatric and pain sections.
- Singapore Medical Association Medal 1980
- Howard Eddie Gold Medal, Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Pudenz Award, Congress of Neurosurgical Surgeons, USA, 1988
- William E Lower Award, First Prize, Cleveland Clinic, USA, 1990
- Congress of Neurosurgeons
Bài báo sức khỏe chia sẻ bởi Dr Pillay Premkumar
Không tìm thấy bài báo chia sẻ nào