6A Napier Road #02-42 Gleneagles Annexe Block Singapore 258500
Chuyên khoa /Quan tâm chính
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
- Master of Medicine (Surgery), National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Orthopaedic Surgery)
- Tiếng Anh
- Tiếng Hoa
- Tiếng Malay/Inđô
- Dr. Tho graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1985 and was then admitted as Fellow to the Royal College of Surgeons (Edinburgh) and obtained his Masters of Medicine (Surgery) in 1989. Later, he did the Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGEMS), followed by his Orthopaedic Surgery Exit Certification Examination in 1995, Fellow to the Academy of Medicine Singapore in 1996.
- Dr. Tho is also a qualified instructor in Advanced Trauma Life Support. Dr. Tho has been invited as a speaker on many issues related to sports medicines both locally and internationally. He has also done many publications on international and local journals, especially on knee ligament injuries.
- Dr. Tho is actively involved in the management of professional sportsmen and was team physician to the national soccer team and S-League teams. Treatment of ligament injuries around the knee, ankle and shoulder form a big part of his work. Most injuries can be treated nonsurgically with medications, injections and physiotherapy. Injections of joint lubricant in the knee or ankle joints can help reduce pain and swelling, allowing many sportsmen and soccer players to get back to competition. When required, arthroscopic reconstruction or repair of these ligaments will be done. Common arthroscopic procedures include anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, meniscus repair, shoulder joint ligament reconstruction for recurrent dislocation, rotator cuff repair as well as joint debridement of the knee, shoulder, hip and ankle. Total joint replacement and uni-condylar knee replacements as well as shoulder and hip replacement surgeries are done in severely damaged joints in older patients. Dr. Tho is also active in various sports organisation and bodies.
- He is an avid sportsman himself as well. Dr. Tho is also the recipient of the Kwok Foundation Scholarship grant. Dr. Tho was awarded the Ministry of Health HMDP Scholarship in 1993 to train at the Department of Sports Orthopaedic Surgery, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden.
- Dr. Tho’s special interests include Sports Orthopaedics and Knee and Hip Replacement.
Bài báo sức khỏe chia sẻ bởi Dr Tho Kam San
Không tìm thấy bài báo chia sẻ nào