Asian Heart & Vascular Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road #08-58 to 63
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine (Internal Surgery), National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons, United Kingdom
- Dr Kenneth Guo is a cardiology specialist currently practising at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Hospital and Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore. His clinical interests are in treating patients with congenital heart disease, pulmonary arterial hypertension and chronic thrombolembolic pulmonary hypertension.
- Dr Guo was certified as a specialist in cardiology upon completion of his advanced specialist training in cardiology at the National Heart Centre Singapore. He was awarded a scholarship from SingHealth, under the Health Manpower Development Plan for further specialisation in adult congenital heart disease and advanced cardiac imaging in Canada, and offered a second scholarship for chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension in Cambridge, United Kingdom in 2016. He completed his fellowship under the mentorship of Professor Ariane Marelli, Dr Judith Therrien, Dr Giuseppe Martucci and Dr Luc Jutras at the McGill University Health System at Montreal, Quebec. He is a testamur in Special Competence in Adult Echocardiography and Advanced Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography by the National Board of Echocardiography and has attained Level 2 certification in cardiac magnetic resonance imaging by the Society for Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance.
- Dr Guo has extensive experience in both non-invasive and invasive cardiac imaging. He is skilled in advanced trans-thoracic and trans-esophageal echocardiography, including congenital echocardiography, strain imaging and three-dimensional echocardiography, as well as cardiac magnetic resonance imaging for assessment of patients with ischaemic heart disease, cardiomyopathy and complex congenital heart disease. He is well-versed in performing right and left heart catheterisation, including coronary angiography. He is experienced in treating patients born with congenital heart disease, ranging from simple atrial septal defects to diseases of moderate severity, such as Tetralogy of Fallot, and complex conditions such as univentricular heart complex and Eisenmenger syndrome. Dr Kuo's key interest also includes managing patients with pulmonary arterial hypertension, chronic thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension and right heart failure. He is currently a committee member of the Actelion Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Steering Committee.
- Prior to his appointment as a cardiologist at Glenaeagles Hospital, Mt. Elizabeth Hospital and Mt. Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Dr Guo held the position of consultant cardiologist at the National Heart Centre Singapore and a visiting consultant at Kandang Kerbau Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Dr Guo has made significant contributions for cardiology education and training. He has numerous publications and presentations at both local and overseas conferences. He was also adjunct assistant professor at the SingHealth-Duke NUS Academic Medical Centre, core faculty at both the SingHealth Residency Programme, Internal Medicine, and the SingHealth Senior Residency Programme, Cardiology, clinical senior lecturer with the Faculty of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University Singapore, and lecturer with the Department of Biomedical Science (Cardiac Technology), Singapore Polytechnic.
- In recognition of his service to patients, Dr Guo was awarded the SingHealth Quality Service Silver Award in 2015 and the SingHealth Quality Service Gold Award in 2016.
- He is currently a member of the Asia Pacific Society for Adult Congenital Heart Disease, Singapore Cardiac Society, Singapore Medical Association and Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Chapter of Cardiologists.
Health articles shared by Dr Guo, Kenneth
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Guo, Kenneth
No questions found