- MBBS (Australia),
- FRACS (Australia),
- FRACS (Edinburgh),
- FAMS (Otorhinolaryngology)
- Dr Adrian Siew Ming Saurajen is a Consultant - Ear, Nose and Throat Surgeon who has subspecialty training in Sleep Medicine and Surgery and a special interest in Sinus Surgery (Balloon Sinuplasty) and Pediatric ENT. He is the Clinical Director of the Ear, Nose, Throat and Snoring Centre located at Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre.
- Dr Saurajen graduated from the University of Sydney, worked in Australia (Royal North Shore Hospital) and Singapore, thereafter obtaining the FRACS Part 1 examination. He has post-graduate fellowships in ENT from the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow. He is a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore and an International Fellow of the American Academy of Otorhinolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery.
- Dr Saurajen is also one of a handful of ENT surgeons worldwide who has a formal qualification in Sleep Medicine. He did his Masters of Medicine (Sleep Medicine) at the University of Sydney under Professor Colin Sullivan (who invented the CPAP machine). He had also previously undertaken a Fellowship in Sleep Medicine and Surgery under Professor Tucker Woodson at Medical College Wisconsin in Milwaukee, USA.
- Dr Saurajen was previously responsible for the running of the Tan Tock Seng Hospital (National Healthcare Group) Sleep Clinic. This was the only combined multi-disciplinary sleep clinic in Singapore and he was instrumental in coordinating specialists from different disciplines to treat sleep patients. He currently sees over 500 snorers a year. He left Tan Tock Seng Hospital in 2003 as a Consultant ENT Surgeon.
- Since 2003, Dr Saurajen has been practising at Mount Elizabeth Hospital. He was also a visiting consultant to the National University Hospital. He currently has visiting rights at Gleneagles Hospital, Parkway East Hospital and Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital.
- Dr Saurajen is also one of the few surgeons in the region to do some of the more complex snoring operations and is the first surgeon in Singapore to do several surgeries including the Palatal advancement pharyngoplasty and the ultrasound guided tongue reduction surgery. He is also the first surgeon in Singapore to do the coblation-assisted pharyngoplasty, tonsillotomy and also coblation-assisted tongue base reduction. Dr Saurajen’s interests are in minimally invasive surgeries in reshaping the upper airway.
- Dr Saurajen is also the first surgeon in Asia to perform the Balloon sinuplasty for chronic sinusitis. This is a minimally invasive procedure where a balloon is inserted into the paranasal sinus openings and then dilated to reventilate the sinuses. He is regarded as a leader in Asia for balloon sinuplasty and has the largest series in Singapore. He has been invited as a speaker for the International Sinus Forum series in New York and Kuala Lumpur for the past few years. He also has a very busy pediatric practice at Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
- Dr Saurajen is an active speaker both locally and internationally and has published in both local and international medical journals.
- Dr Saurajen has also been invited to participate in International Meetings, International Discussion Groups and Research Collaborations both locally and internationally. He was given the honour of being the plenary speaker for the ASEAN ORL Meeting in Cambodia in 2009.
- Dr Saurajen was also invited as a judge for the prestigious Yahya Cohen Memorial Lectureship by the College of Surgeons Singapore and is also a reviewer for the Singapore NMRC investigator grants.
- On the non-medical front, Dr Saurajen and his wife set up the Zachary Liver Fund in 1999 in conjunction with the NUH endowment fund. He was the ex-trustee of this fund which helps patients with liver failure and requires liver transplants. This fund was set up in memory of his first born son who was born with liver failure.
Health articles shared by Dr Adrian Siew Ming Saurajen
No shared articles found