Know the opportunities you have to reduce the cost of hospitalisation and medical procedures. With the MediShield Integrated Plans, you do not have to worry about the overwhelming bills on your next visit to the hospital.
The MediShield Integrated Shield Plan provides coverage for a variety of medical procedures, along with the deductibles and other related expenses. All you need to do is integrate a private insurance plan into your existing MediShield Life plan and you will get better coverage. Read on to find out more about the programme and the way it works for patients.
- With MediShield Life kicked into gear since 2015, all Singaporeans and Permanent Residents have better medical insurance coverage.
- A larger portion of their bills for treatments and stays in B2 or C class wards will be taken care of. However, the deductible and co-insurance would have to be borne by the patient.
- As MediShield Life is designed to benefit patients up to B2 class ward level, should you choose to be treated in a ward class higher than B2, your out-of-pocket expense is going to be higher.
Integrated Shield Plan
- You can reduce that expense significantly by taking an Integrated Shield Plan, which consists of a MediShield Life portion AND an addition component by a private insurer*. By subscribing to additional riders, the Integrated Shield Plan will even cover the deductibles and co-insurance portions of the bill.
- An Integrated Shield Plan will only set you back between $1.25 and $2.40 a day —that's the price of a bottle of mineral water!
- With it, you may not need to fork out a single cent in out-of-pocket expense for numerous procedures in a private hospital such as Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital.**
* Private insurers under this scheme: AIA, Aviva, Great Eastern, NTUC Income and Prudential
** Check with your insurance agent for exact coverage
Take this opportunity to improve your healthcare coverage. For more information, please call +65 6653 7111 or visit Mount Elizabeth Hospitals. Our friendly staff would be happy to assist you and answer all questions you may have.