The Heart and Vascular Centre
3 Mount Elizabeth #08-06
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
The Heart & Vascular Centre (Novena)
38 Irrawaddy Road #09-21
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore 1996
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom 2001
- Master in Medicine, National University of Singapore 2001
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh, Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology
- Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions
- Dr Paul Chiam is a cardiologist with a subspecialty interest in Interventional Cardiology. He currently practices as a heart specialist in Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Singapore. He is also concurrently an adjunct associate professor at the National University of Singapore, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
- He began cardiology specialisation at the National Heart Centre Singapore, and was awarded a Health Manpower Development Plan (HMDP) scholarship in 2006 to subspecialize in Interventional Cardiology, where he trained at the renowned Lenox Hill Heart and Vascular Institute of New York. He spent eighteen months gaining hands-on experience in complex coronary angioplasty, carotid artery angioplasty and stenting, peripheral artery angioplasty, and structural heart disease (heart valve) interventions. He then spent a further three months training in intracranial angioplasty and stenting at the Department of Endovascular Neurosurgery, University of Buffalo, State University of New York.
- Dr Chiam returned to the National Heart Centre Singapore in 2008 as a senior consultant at the Department of Cardiology, and led the team that performed the first Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR) in Asia in 2009. He subsequently became the first Asian proctor for the Edwards Lifesciences TAVR program, and also the first Asian proctor for the Medtronic CoreValve TAVR program, and has trained and proctored new centres in South Korea, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia and Thailand.
- Due to his commitment to patient care, Dr Chiam was awarded a Bronze Service Quality award in December 2009 and another Bronze Service Quality award in March 2011. At the SingLIVE Interventional Cardiology conference 2009, he was first runner-up in the Best of Young Interventionalist case competition.
- Dr Chiam is well recognized in the field of interventional cardiology, and has been invited as a guest faculty or speaker to major international cardiovascular conferences such as the American College of Cardiology Scientific Sessions, the American Heart Association Scientific Sessions, Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) (USA), EuroPCR, PCR London Valves, Complex Cardiovascular Therapeutics, Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics Asia Pacific (TCTAP) and China Interventional Therapeutics (CIT) amongst others.
- Dr Chiam has been invited as a case operator to conduct workshops and to perform cases during “live transmissions” in complex coronary interventions, peripheral artery interventions and mitral valvuloplasties in Vietnam, Myanmar, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, India, Taiwan and China.
- He has published extensively in top cardiovascular journals. In recognition of his research publications, he was appointed Adjunct Associate Professor with the Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore. He also won the SingHealth Publish! Award in 2012 for a paper published in a major cardiovascular journal.
- He is currently the co-chair of the Scientific Committee of the Asian Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology (APSIC). He is also a member of the American College of Cardiology (ACC) Peripheral Vascular Disease Section Leadership Council.
- Dean's list 1995 (3rd Professional MBBS exams)
- Dean's list 1996 (Final Professional MBBS exams)
- Gordon Ransome Gold Medal 2001 (Master of Medicine exams)
- SingLIVE Conference Best of Young Interventionalist Competition, Runner up
- National Heart Centre Singapore Service Quality Award, December 2009
- National Heart Centre Singapore Service Quality Award, March 2011
- Singhealth Publish! Award 2012
Health articles shared by Dr Chiam Toon Lim, Paul
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Chiam Toon Lim, Paul
No questions found