EH Heart Specialist Private Limited
3 Mount Elizabeth #03-09
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- BAO.LRCP LRSI
- MRCP (UK)
- FAMS (Cardiology)
- FRCP (UK)
- Dr Eric Hong is a cardiologist practising at Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Singapore. He specialises in interventional cardiology, sports cardiology, nuclear cardiology, cardiac rehabilitation and non-invasive cardiac imaging including cardiac CT angiography and PET/SPECT imaging.
- He is one of the few cardiologists who is formally trained in double clinical fellowships of nuclear cardiology and interventional cardiology.
- Dr Eric Hong Cho Tek received his medical degree from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 1996 and passed the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE) the following year. He worked in Ireland before returning to Singapore to start his specialist training in internal medicine. After completing his basic specialist training in internal medicine at Singapore General Hospital, he obtained his MRCP and became Member of Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh).
- Dr Eric Hong commenced his advanced Specialist training in cardiology at National University Hospital in 2003. He passed the certification examinations of the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) in 2005. In recognition of his professional and research achievements, Dr Eric Hong Cho Tek was inducted as a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore (Cardiology) in 2006. He also received the Health Manpower Development Plan award in cardiology from Ministry of Health, Singapore. He obtained his subspecialty training in Advanced Multimodality Cardiac Imaging at the Brigham & Women's Hospital/ Harvard Medical School ( USA ) where he trained with Professor Marcelo Di Carli, an eminent nuclear cardiologist who is the world's authority on CT/ PET imaging.
- Dr Eric Hong became a diplomate of the Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology CNBC in 2006. He was also a clinical fellow in interventional cardiology at the Brigham & Women's Hospital/ Harvard Medical School (USA) under the preceptorship of Dr Jeffrey J Popma. Dr Popma is a world renonwed interventional cardiologist who was previously president of the Society for Cardiac Angiography and Interventions (SCAI) and is the current chairman of the American College of Cardiology Cardiac Catheterization Committee and Ad Hoc Committee on Simulation Training. Dr Eric Hong Cho Tek became board eligible in interventional cardiology ( ACGME, USA ) in July 2007. He returned to Singapore to work in Department of Cardiology, National University Hospital where he was Director, Nuclear Cardiology and Imaging.
- Director, Exercise and Cardiac Rehabilitation at National University Hospital.
- Dr Eric Hong was also Clinical Tutor at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and Chairman, NTLC, National University Hospital, Singapore . He was a consultant cardiologist at Tan Tock Seng Hospital from Nov 2009 to Oct 2010 where he helped to set up and deliver 24-hours acute interventional cardiology service for heart attack patients. He has been elected as Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, Fellow of the American Society of Nuclear Cardiology, Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Fellow of the European Society of Cardiology, Fellow of the Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (USA) and Fellow of Asian Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology.
Health articles shared by Dr Hong Cho Tek, Eric
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Hong Cho Tek, Eric
No questions found