Novena Heart Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road #06-42
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- MBBS (Singapore)
- MRCP (UK)
- M Med (Int Med, Singapore)
- Dr Kenneth Ng is a cardiologist with more than 10 years of experience, and currently practises out of his clinic at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital. He specialises in caring for patients through preventive cardiology. He also has an interest in advanced heart failure, which he manages through artificial heart pumps, heart failure surgery and heart transplantation.
- Upon his graduation from the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (MBBS, 1992), Dr Ng attained his post-graduate degrees (MRCP UK, 1998 and M Med Singapore, 1998). He then went on to complete his Cardiology Advanced Specialty Training at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. Following that, he left for the US under the Health Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) Award. There, he underwent a 15-month fellowship programme at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation, where he focused on Echocardiography and Heart Failure Transplantation. In 2009, he returned to the same clinic for an observership programme in Heart Failure as well as Transplantation and Assist Device Therapy.
- When he returned, Dr Ng joined Tan Tock Seng Hospital, where he was instrumental in establishing the Heart Failure Programme as well as the Surgical and Mechanical Assist Device Therapy Programme. Prior to his move to private practice, he served as the Director of the Heart Failure Programme in the National Healthcare Group of Singapore from 2003 to 2007.
- A well-published cardiologist, Dr Ng has many research articles on heart failure in peer-reviewed international cardiology journals as well as several book chapters to his name. In the ASEAN region, he is widely recognised as an expert in the field of heart failure and is a frequent Invited Lecturer at both local and regional conferences, such as the Asia Pacific Congress of Cardiology. At the international level, he has not only given lectures at meetings such as the American Congress of Cardiology Annual Scientific Meeting but also chaired meeting sessions at the International Society of Heart Lung Transplantation.
- Taking on a teaching role as Clinical Tutor at the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine also gives Dr Ng the self-fulfillment he seeks. He also enjoys his appointment as the Chief Instructor for the Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course and has been invited to Malaysia and Brunei to conduct the courses there. In addition, he is a board-certified cardiologist in Adult Comprehensive Echocardiography in the USA, which is issued by the National Board of Education.
Health articles shared by Dr Ng Kwan Chung, Kenneth
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Ng Kwan Chung, Kenneth
No questions found