Daniel Wai Diabetes, Thyroid And Hormone Clinic Pte Ltd
3 Mount Elizabeth #03-04
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- MRCP (United Kingdom)
- MMed (Internal Medicine)
- Dr Wai was born in Hong Kong and was awarded the Ministry of Education scholarship to pursue his studies in Singapore. Subsequently, he decided to make Singapore his home. He obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree from the National University of Singapore in 1998 and obtained his membership of the Royal College of Physician (United Kingdom) and Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine) Singapore in 2001. He later underwent advanced specialist training in the Singapore General Hospital and completed it in 2006.
- From 2007 to 2008, he went to the Alfred Hospital and Baker Heart Research Institute in Melbourne, Australia for further training in management of lipid disorders. He ran the Lipid Clinic upon his return, treating many patients with hard-to-treat cholesterol problems. In 2010, he was made the Director of the Obesity and Metabolic Unit of his department, leading a team of doctors, dietitian, physiotherapist and psychologists to provide the medical and surgical treatment for obesity and cholesterol problems.
- Dr Wai had given over 135 local and international lectures over the years, on topics on diabetes, cholesterol, obesity and thyroid. The audience ranged from the public, medical students, physiotherapists, dietitians, traditional Chinese physicians, cardiologists, ophthalmologists and other internal medicine specialists. He was Adjunct Assistant Professor of the medical faculty of the National University of Medicine from October 2010 to Dec 2011.
- Dr Wai was active in research and was principle investigator of studies in genetics of cholesterol, visceral fat, cardiovascular risk factors and thyroid eye disease, with funding from the National Medical Research Council and Biomedical Research Council. He was also regularly invited by those research institutes as a reviewer of research grant application, as well as reviewer of research papers in local and international journals.
- As interesting as leadership, teaching and research are, Dr Wai remains most passionate about patient care. He was awarded the Service with A Heart Award by the Singapore General Hospital 3 times, in recognition of the excellent service he had given to his patients. He speaks English, Mandarin, Cantonese and Bahasa Indonesia. He was regularly interviewed by the Media regarding topics on obesity, diabetes and cholesterol care.
- Travel Grant for 13th International Symposium on Atherosclerosis, 2003
Health Manpower Development Plan Fellowship Award, Ministry of Health, 2006
Service With A Heart Award, Singapore General Hospital, April 2007
Service With A Heart Award, Singapore General Hospital, March 2009
10 Years Long Service Award, Singapore General Hospital, August 2009
Service With A Heart Award, Singapore General Hospital, Dec 2010
Health articles shared by Dr Wai Chun Hang, Daniel
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Wai Chun Hang, Daniel View All
No questions found