Alexius Chee Gastroenterology & Medical Clinic
3 Mount Elizabeth #05-09
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- M. Med (Internal Medicine)
- FAMS (Gastroenterology)
- Dr Alexius Chee obtained his medical degree from the National University of Singapore. He went on to successfully complete his post-graduate training in Internal Medicine, obtaining a Master of Medicine from the National University of Singapore (NUS). Dr Chee was awarded an HMDP fellowship by the Ministry of Health and completed his training in gastroenterology at Duke University in North Carolina in the United States. There, he was privileged to have trained under the tutelage of Dr Peter Cotton, Dr John Baillie, and Dr Paul Killenberg.
- Following his return to Singapore, Dr Chee joined Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) as a gastroenterologist where he introduced and established the specialty of gastroenterology. He left TTSH for private practice in Mount Elizabeth Hospital 10 years ago.
- His present medical practice covers general gastroenterology, endoscopy (diagnostic and therapeutic, and ERCP) and hepatology. At present he is also the gastroenterology specialty representative, endoscopy chairman, and Director of the Digestive, Colorectal and Liver centre in Mount Elizabeth Hospital. As a visiting consultant, he is actively involved in the teaching and supervision of gastroenterology trainees both at TTSH and the Singapore General Hospital. For the past year, he has been a mentor to medical students in the medical faculty at NUS under their mentorship programme. When not busy with work, trainee doctors and medical students, Dr Chee can be found on the tennis courts, at the movies or perusing a good book.
- Training Awards
- Ministry of Health, HMDP Fellowship - Gastroenterology 1989-1990, completed at Duke University Medical Centre, North Carolina USA
Health articles shared by Dr Chee Eng Nam, Alexius
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Chee Eng Nam, Alexius View All
No questions found