Hope Gastroenterology Liver Clinic
3 Mount Elizabeth #12-02
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine), National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Gastroenterology)
- Master of Clinical Investigation, National University of Singapore
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Dr Kelvin Thia is a gastroenterology specialist currently practising at Mount Elizabeth Hospital. Dr Thia’s clinical interests include treating complex disorders in the digestive system such as inflammatory bowel disease.
- Dr Thia graduated from the National University of Singapore and was in the Dean’s list. His post-graduate experience include training at the renowned Mayo Clinic in USA as an advanced fellow in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
- He is active in IBD-related research, culminating in numerous publications in high-impact medical journals. He received the Centocor IBD Best Abstract Award in the American College of Gastroenterology Meeting 2008 for an original work on the Natural History of Crohn’s Disease.
- He served in the public sector as consultant gastroenterologist in the Singapore General Hospital (SGH), the country’s largest tertiary acute hospital, and contributed to the clinical and research programme of the IBD Centre and Nutrition Support Services.
- Passionate about teaching and research, Dr Thia has personally mentored medical students and doctors, and held various teaching and leadership appointments.
- Dr Thia is also an invited peer reviewer for many prominent gastroenterology journals. Beyond that, he is active in educating the public and medical colleagues through lectures and the printed media.
- Centocor IBD Best Abstract Award in the American College Gastroenterology Meeting 2008
Health articles shared by Dr Thia Teck Joo, Kelvin
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Thia Teck Joo, Kelvin
No questions found