Desmond Wai Liver & Gastrointestinal Diseases Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road #06-35
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- M Med (Internal Medicine)
- MRCP (UK)
- Advanced Specialist Training (Gastroenterology)
- Certificate of Advanced Specialist Training (Gastroenterology)
- Fellowship (Hepatology) (US)
- Dr Desmond Wai is a gastroenterologist practising at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Singapore. His clinical interests include transplant hepatology and gastroenterology.
- He obtained his Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from the National University of Singapore in 1994. He passed his membership for the Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom), Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine) in 1998, and completed his specialist training in internal medicine in 1999.
- Dr Wai completed his advanced specialist training in Gastroenterology and Hepatology in 2002. Following that, he pursued his Fellowship in Hepatology at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor in the United States under the mentorship of world renowned Hepatologist, Professor Anna Lok. He was admitted as a Member of the Royal College of Physicians, (Edinburgh), the Singapore Gastroenterology Society Liver Transplant Programme and the Gastroenterology Society of Singapore.
- Dr Wai went into private practice at Gleneagles Hospital in Singapore on November 2006. He had received numerous awards such as the Young Clinician Award, Digestive Disease Week Thailand (1999), Heath Manpower Development Programme Fellowship (2002), 8th Congress of Asian Society of Transplantation: The Transplantation Society Travel Scholarship (2003) and Singapore National Day Award for Overcoming SARS-Commendation Medal (2003).
- Young Clinician Award, Digestive Disease Week Thailand (1999)
Health Manpower Development Programme Fellowship (2002)
8th Congress of Asian Society of Transplantation: The Transplantation Society Travel Scholarship (2003)
Singapore National Day Award for Overcoming SARS - Commendation Medal (2003)
Health articles shared by Dr Wai Chun Tao, Desmond
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Wai Chun Tao, Desmond View All
No questions found