PanAsia Surgery Pte Ltd
3 Mount Elizabeth #11-15
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
PanAsia Surgery Pte Ltd
38 Irrawaddy Road #10-43/44
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- FRCS (Glasgow)
- FAMS (General Surgery)
- Dr Denis Cheong Mun Onn is a general surgeon with more than 20 years experience in the field. At his Mount Elizabeth Novena and Mount Elizabeth clinics, he provides specialised care in the treatment of anal conditions like haemorrhoids, fistula and fissure, laparoscopic treatment of colon and rectal cancers, diverticular disease and gall bladder disorders, hernia repair and thyroid surgery.
- Upon his graduation from the Faculty of Medicine at the National University of Singapore (MBBS, 1983), Dr Cheong underwent basic training and then completed specialty training in General Surgery (FRCS Glasgow, 1989). Then, through the Health Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) Award, he trained in Colorectal Surgery at the Cleveland Clinic Florida under Dr Steven Wexner in 1992. A second HMDP scholarship in 2003 brought him to St Mark’s Hospital in London, the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm and the University of Upsalla in Sweden. In 2008, he was awarded the HMDP fellowship for the third time to further his skills in Laparoscopic and Colorectal Surgery at the Australasian Endosurgery Centre in Brisbane and the Royal Northshore Hospital in Sydney.
- Prior to his move to private practice, Dr Cheong was a senior consultant in the Department of General Surgery at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. During his tenure, he spearheaded the development of colorectal surgery and served as the Head of the Colorectal Service. Dr Cheong was also the Director of the Digestive Disease Centre which he was instrumental in developing. In addition, he played a pivotal role in the inception of the Medical and Radiation Oncology Services there.
- With his strong commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate training, Dr Cheong was appointed Senior Clinical Lecturer and Examiner at the National University of Singapore Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. He was also a Visiting Consultant to KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital, John Hopkins (Singapore) International Medical Centre and the National Cancer Centre, Singapore.
- Dr Cheong’s devotion to the welfare of others extends beyond his clinics. He is actively involved in humanitarian missions and was a member of the Singapore earthquake relief team to Turkey in 1999.
Health articles shared by Dr Cheong Mun Onn, Denis
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Cheong Mun Onn, Denis
No questions found