Jude Lee Gastrointestinal & Laparoscopic Surgery
38 Irrawaddy Road #08-35
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- MRCS (Edinburgh)
- M Med (General Surgery)
- FRCS (Edinburgh)
- FAMS (General Surgery)
- Dr Jude Lee is a General Surgeon practicing at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, who is particularly adept at Basic and Advanced Minimally Invasive Gastrointestinal Surgery. His skills and expertise include cancer surgery, gastroesophageal and colorectal surgery, VATS sympathectomy for sweaty palms, hernia repair, gallbladder surgery, appendicectomy, and bariatric surgery. He also performs single port surgery for benign conditions.
- Dr Lee graduated from the Faculty of Medicine at the National University of Singapore in 1997. Following that, he completed his basic surgical training and obtained his MRCS (Edinburgh) in 2003 and his Master of Medicine in Surgery in 2004. In 2007, he was admitted to the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK. Then, in 2009, through the Higher Manpower Development Programme Award, Dr Lee travelled to Japan to pursue a one-year fellowship in sub-specialty training in minimally invasive gastrointestinal surgery under Professor Ichiro Uyama.
- Apart from his practice at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Dr Lee is a Visiting Consultant Surgeon at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital where he has taken on the role of educator in training the next generation of surgeons. He is currently serving as core faculty member in the NHG-AHPL Surgical Residency Programme, as well as core tutor for the transitional year medical education residency programme.
- Dr Lee has demonstrated great interest in research, publishing papers in peer reviewed journals and serving as Principal Investigator of the AHCC06 trial, a multi-centre, open-label, randomised controlled trial that compares the outcomes of two established treatments for locally-advanced liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma) in order to determine which treatment is more effective. He is also fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore, International Gastric Cancer Association (IGCA), Endoscopic & Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia (ELSA), and faculty member of Asia-Pacific Gastroesophageal Cancer Congress.
- Dr Lee is a physician with a heart and uses his medical skills and knowledge to help those in need. He is an active volunteer, participating in mission work in Africa and serves as a member of the Singapore Red Cross Society. In addition to that, he takes an active interest in issues facing the community and is an executive member of the grassroots society in his constituency.
Health articles shared by Dr Lee, Jude
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Lee, Jude
No questions found