ID Consult Specialist Clinic For Infectious Diseases & Travel Health
3 Mount Elizabeth #06-01/02
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- Bachelor on Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore 1991
- Fellow in Infectious Disease, University of Stanford, United States
- Master in Public Health, University of California, Berkeley, United States 2002
- Board certification in Infectious Disease, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Dr. Adrian Ong is a specialist board-certified infectious diseases physician with more than 20 years of medical experience. He currently practices in Mount Elizabeth Hospital.
- Dr Ong is an infectious disease specialist accredited by the Specialist Accreditation Board, Ministry of Health (Singapore) and the American Board of Internal Medicine. Prior to private practice, Dr Ong was a senior consultant at both the Communicable Disease Centre (CDC) and the Travellers' Health & Vaccination Centre at Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
- He also held a clinical teaching position at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (NUS) for undergraduate medical education. At the Singapore Ministry of Health (MOH), Dr Ong served as senior consultant and deputy director of communicable disease policy. From 2006-2009, Dr Ong was appointed to the World Health Organization (WHO) in Geneva, Switzerland, where he was as an executive officer to the Director-General of the WHO and the Communicable Diseases Surveillance and Response division.
- Dr Ong has a great interest in the management of serious infections and is well published in international peer-reviewed journals and books. He is the editor of the MOH published “A Guide on Infectious Diseases of Public Health Importance in Singapore”(6th ed. 2004, 7th ed. 2011). In 2000, he received the International Fellowship Award from the Biomedical Research Council and has been the principal investigator in leading local dengue, influenza and HIV research efforts.
Health articles shared by Dr Ong Kheng Yeow, Adrian
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Ong Kheng Yeow, Adrian
No questions found