Elizabeth Au Oncology
3 Mount Elizabeth #11-01
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- MBBS (Singapore)
- M Med (Int Med) (Singapore)
- MRCP (Int Med) (UK)
- Dr Elizabeth Au was awarded a Public Service Commission scholarship to study medicine at the National University of Singapore in 1981. She subsequently passed the Master of Medicine in Internal Medicine under a Ministry of Health scholarship, and the membership examination for the Royal College of Physicians in London. She subsequently did her fellowship in Medical Oncology at the Mayo Clinic in USA under a Ministry of Health HMDP scholarship. Within four months of starting her fellowship, she was promoted Senior Clinical Fellow, a rare honour. She is an active member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, the Singapore Society of Oncology and a fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore, and has presented and published her work in internationally renowned peer reviewed journals such as the Journal of Oncology, British Journal of Hematology, and Annals of Oncology.
- She was one of the pioneers of the newly set-up Department of Medical Oncology at the Singapore General Hospital and was involved in the development of the National Cancer Centre. She developed interests in gastro-intestinal and breast oncology and eventually spearheaded the gastrointestinal cancer team, comprising 5 consultants with interests in gastrointestinal cancer. She was principle investigator of several trials, both clinical and laboratory-based. Some of these trials led to registration of new drugs in the chemotherapy armamentarium.
- She was head of Cancer Education and Information at National Cancer Centre. This led to the development of the first cancer information call centre in Singapore, Cancer Helpline. She left public service to set her own private practice as Consultant Medical Oncologist, providing clinical service to their patients as well as training medical and para-medical personnel in the field of oncology.
- She is currently practising at Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre. The Clinic is equipped to provide consultation, treatment and counselling for all types of cancer, and is Medisave accredited for cancer-related chemotherapy and hormonal treatment. She works closely with surgeons and physicians to ensure a holistic treatment for each and every patient.
- Public Service Commission Scholarship, Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore (1981 - 1985)
- Ministry of Health Scholarship, Master of Medicine, Internal Medicine, National University of Singapore (1990)
- Ministry of Health Higher Manpower Development Program Scholarship in Medical Oncology, Mayo Clinic, Minnesota, USA (1992)
- Singapore General Hospital Service with a Heart Award (1996)
- Ministry of Health Higher Manpower Development Program, Senior Scholarship in Medical Oncology, University of Uppsala, Sweden (1997)
- Singapore General Hospital Service with a Heart Award (1997)
Health articles shared by Dr Au Siew Cheng , Elizabeth
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Au Siew Cheng , Elizabeth
No questions found