Siow Neurology Headache And Pain Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road #11-54
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- Dip ABPN (Neurology) (USA),
- Dip ABPM (Pain medicine) (USA),
- Dip ABPN (Pain Medicine) (USA),
- FAMS (Neurology)
- A neurologist with more than 10 years experience in the field, Dr Charles Siow Hua Chiang provides specialised care in the diagnosis and treatment of headache, pain disorders and stroke. He currently practises out of his clinics at Mount Elizabeth Novena and Mount Elizabeth Hospitals.
- Following his graduation from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (MB BCh BAO, LRCPI, LRCSI, 1995), Dr Siow pursued specialty training in the US. He underwent a Residency Programme in Neurology at the Medical College of Virginia Hospitals, Virginia, before completing a fellowship in Headache Management at the renowned Jefferson Headache Center in Pennsylvania under the mentorship of Professor Stephen Silberstein. He was subsequently appointed as staff and served as an Attending Neurologist at the Department of Neurology and as a Fellowship Director while he was there.
- When he returned to Singapore, he was appointed as a consultant in the Department of Neurology at the National Neuroscience Institute (Singapore General Hospital campus). During his tenure, he served as Director of the Headache Program at Singapore General Hospital and as Chairman of the Ministry of Health’s Headache Clinical Practice Guidelines committee. He established his private practice in 2006.
- Dr Siow’s commitment to his field extends beyond his clinic and patients. He serves in several societies which are dedicated to headache research as well as the education and support of headache conditions sufferers in Singapore and the region. He is currently the President of the Headache Society of Singapore and an Executive Committee member of the Pain Association of Singapore. He was also instrumental in setting up the Asian Headache Foundation, of which he is Secretary.
- A well-published neurologist, Dr Siow has several papers and book chapters to his name. He is also a reviewer for a number of journals. He is board certified in Neurology and Pain Medicine by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology as well as in Pain Medicine by the American Board of Pain Medicine.
Health articles shared by Dr Siow Hua Chiang, Charles
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Siow Hua Chiang, Charles View All
No questions found