Irene Chua Clinic For Women
6 Napier Road #08-18
Gleneagles Medical Centre
Irene and Jon Clinic for Women
38 Irrawaddy Road #10-63
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (London)
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Obstetrics and Gynaecology)
- Dr Irene Chua is an obstetrics and gynaecology (O&G) specialist practising at Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore. She specialises in gynaecological surgery and endoscopy (otherwise known as key-hole surgery).
- Prior to setting up her private practice, Dr Irene Chua was a senior consultant in the Minimally Invasive Surgery Unit of KK Women's & Children's Hospital (KKH) and Head of the 24-Hour Women's Clinic in KKH. Dr Chua is also a senior clinical lecturer for the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore.
- Dr Chua was the first female gynaecologist to be awarded the Health Manpower and Development Plan (HMDP) scholarship in 2004 for training in advanced laparoscopic surgery in gynaecology, subspecialising in the excision of severe endometriosis and pelvic floor support, at the IRCAD/European Institute of TeleSurgery (EITS) in Strasbourg, France. Dr Chua trained under the world-renowned laparoscopic surgeon, Professor Arnaud Wattiez.
- Apart from being an advocate for minimally invasive surgery, Dr Chua is also actively involved in the teaching and training of O&G specialists both locally and regionally, being a Level 3 accredited laparoscopic trainer in KKH. She is also appointed as a teaching faculty member at the Asian Institute of Telesurgery (AITS) in Taiwan and conducts lectures and surgeries in Indonesia, Malaysia and Brunei.
- Dr Chua has published in numerous scientific journals and has been invited to speak regularly at conferences and seminars both locally and internationally.
- Top 10 NUS Clinical Faculty Teacher for the year 2007-2008
- CEO Heart Award in 2010
- Singapore Health Quality Service Superstar Award in 2011
- PS21 Star Award in 2011
Health articles shared by Dr Chua Sze Yuen, Irene
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Chua Sze Yuen, Irene View All
No questions found