SOG - Cindy Pang Clinic for Women & GynaeOncology
38 Irrawaddy Road #08-25
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- M Med (Obstetrics & Gynaecology)
- MRCOG (RCOG, United Kingdom)
- Dr Cindy Pang is an experienced obstetrician and gynae-oncologist with more than 10 years of clinical practice. She received her MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery) from the National University of Singapore and subsequently completed 6 years of specialist training in Obstetrics & Gynaecology. Dr Pang was granted Membership to the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in the United Kingdom as well as Master of Medicine (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) by the National University of Singapore in 2008. Thereafter, she achieved Specialist Accreditation with the Ministry of Health Singapore and the Singapore Medical Council in 2010. She also serves as a Council Member in the Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology of Singapore (SCCPS) since 2009.
- Besides the management of a wide range of conditions involving the female reproductive system and providing antenatal care to expectant mothers, her main subspeciality interest is in gynaecological cancer care.
- Dr Pang is an accredited colposcopist and trainer and has previously run a weekly pre-invasive disease (abnormal Pap smear and pre-cancerous change) clinic in the Obstetric and Gynaecology Centre of Singapore General Hospital. She also assists the division of graduate medical studies at the National University Hospital in assessing trainees for in-hospital clinical training modules on colposcopy.
- Dr Pang underwent advanced surgical training as a fellow at the Western Australian Gynae-oncology group in Perth under the Health Manpower Development Plan from Ministry of Health and SingHealth Foundation in 2012. This has equiped her with skills for complex pelvic oncologic surgeries as well as advanced laparoscopic procedures. Since returning to her practice in Singapore, she has been able to offer minimally invasive surgery to selected women with endometrial and ovarian cancers, with benefits for their recovery.
- Dr Pang's research has been published in various medical journals and she has presented at several international conferences. She was awarded the Tony McCartney Surgical Innovation Prize at the Australian Society of Gynaecological Oncologists Annual Scientific Meeting at Darwin in 2013. In addition, she has several articles and interviews with the local press regarding womens’ health issues.
- Dr Pang is passionate about public education on the prevention and early detection of female cancers and has been actively involved in several cancer prevention talks and campaigns. She represented Singapore General Hospital in the Women’s Gynaecological Cancer Awareness Month Steering Committee (WGCAMC) organised by Singapore Cancer Society this year. Dr Pang has organized several activities in SGH as well as for SCCPS for women cancer awareness.
- Teaching and training for medical trainees and junior doctors is also one of Dr Pang's dedications. She is a clinical instructor of Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, as well as an adjunct professor at the Duke-NUS Graduate School of Medicine. She has participated as facilitators at various workshops, including the 2012 Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Masterclass in Perth, and the "Anatomy of Complications” series of workshops in Perth and Singapore.
- Professional Appointments and Memberships:
- Singapore Medical Association: Member since 2002
- Singapore Medical Council: Member since 2002
- Obstetrical & Gynaecological Society of Singapore: Member since 2004
- Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology of Singapore (SCCPS) – Council Member since 2009. Treasurer, 2014-15
- Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology: Member since 2008
- European Society of Gynaecological Oncology: Member since 2013
Health articles shared by Dr Pang Yi Ping, Cindy
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Pang Yi Ping, Cindy
No questions found