Eagle Eye Centre @ Mount Elizabeth
3 Mount Elizabeth #08-02
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
Eagle Eye Centre @ Gleneagles
6 Napier Road #06-16
Gleneagles Medical Centre
Eagle Eye Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road #08-22/23/24
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
Eagle Eye Centre (Parkway East)
319 Joo Chiat Place #05-03
Parkway East Medical Centre
- MBBS (NUS, Singapore) 1994
- M Med (Ophth) (NUS, Singapore) 2003
- MRCSEd (RCS, Edinburgh, United Kingdom) 2003
- FRCS (Edinburgh)
- FAMS (Ophth, Singapore)
- Dr Jacob Cheng is an ophthalmologist with about 10 years of experience, and currently practises out of his clinics at Mount Elizabeth Novena, Mount Elizabeth and Parkway East Hospitals. He specialises in caring for patients with vitreoretinal conditions such as age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vascular diseases as well as inherited retinal disorders. Dr Cheng has also performed numerous advanced small incision cataract (phaco-refractive) surgeries with wavefront, toric and mutifocal intraocular lenses, and femto-laser bladeless LASIK and Epi-LASIK procedures.
- Upon his graduation from the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (MBBS, 1995), Dr Cheng attained his post-graduate degrees (MRCS Edinburgh, 2002 and M Med Singapore, 2002). He then went on to complete his Advanced Specialty Training and was inducted as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh and of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore in 2006. His special interest in electrophysiology also led him to a training stint under Professor Graham Holder at Moorfields Eye Hospital in London, UK.
- Prior to setting up his private practice, Dr Cheng was a consultant at the Department of Ophthalmology at the Singapore National Eye Centre. During his tenure he became the first to describe slow vision (bradyopsia) in an Asian patient as well as cephalic vein thrombosis after fluorescein angiography. He remains a Visiting Consultant to the Centre.
- Research plays a big part in Dr Cheng’s life. He is currently an Adjunct Research Scientist with the Singapore Eye Research Institute (SERI) where his main research interest includes the field of age-related macular degeneration of the retina. His research has led to many publications in peer-reviewed journals including Archives Ophthalmology, American Journal of Ophthalmology and Retina. He has also given numerous presentations at international and regional conferences. In 2006, Dr Cheng was the award winner for the TEI-Pfzier Research prize.
- Dr Cheng also has a keen interest in teaching. He was appointed as a Clinical Teacher at the National University of Singapore’s Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Health articles shared by Dr Cheng Yen Chuan, Jacob
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Cheng Yen Chuan, Jacob View All
No questions found