Pinnacle Orthopaedic Group
3 Mount Elizabeth #04-07
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
Pinnacle Orthopaedic & Sports Centre
319 Joo Chiat Place #03-05
Parkway East Medical Centre
- MBBS (Singapore)
- MRCS (Edinburgh)
- MMed (Orthopaedic Surgery
- FRCS (Edinburgh)
- Dr Lee is a United States fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon whose subspecialty interests are in hip and knee surgeries. These include hip and knee replacements (complex, revision, robotic and customised), sports injuries of the lower limb and cartilage repair of the knee using stem cells and other techniques.
- He is the founding partner and medical director of Pinnacle Orthopaedic Group and medical director of Pinnacle Joint & Sports Centre. Dr Lee currently practises at Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Gleneagles Hospital and Parkway East Hospital. He was a visiting consultant to the Singapore Armed Forces Military Medicine Institute and the National University Hospital.
- In 2007, Dr Lee underwent subspecialty training at the Arthritis/ Hip & Knee Replacement Division at Stanford University, USA. There, he was trained by world-renowned surgeons Professors Stuart B Goodman and William J Maloney in complex hip and knee replacement procedures and was involved in both clinical and basic science research on joint replacements, biomaterials and stem cell therapeutics in orthopaedics.
- Dr Lee is also a consultant for Zimmer Inc., one of the largest orthopaedic implant and biomaterials company in the world and is involved in training both local and regional surgeons in joint replacement procedures.
- Dr Lee is actively involved in postgraduate teaching and he was an adjunct assistant professor with the Medicine Faculty at the National University of Singapore. Dr Lee has an active research interest, both in clinical research involving total joint replacements and sports injuries, and also the role of stem cells in orthopaedic surgery. He is a founding member of the ASEAN Society for Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy, and also a council member of the ASEAN Arthroplasty Association, the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons, the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery and Sports Medicine, and also the International Cartilage Society.
- He is the only orthopaedic surgeon in history to have won both the Singapore Orthopaedic Association Young Investigator Award for his work on mesenchymal stem cells and cartilage repair in the knee and also the N Balachandran Award in the same year (2005). In 2009, he mentored his trainee to win the Young Orthopaedic Investigator Award for a second time. Dr Lee is a principal investigator for several active grants and is the co-principal investigator for numerous other grants involving cartilage repair, stem cells, biomaterials and joint replacements.
- Principal Investigator – 32nd Annual Scientific Meeting, Singapore Orthopaedic Association – Young Orthopaedic Investigator Award for my paper titled 'Novel Minimally Invasive Technique of Cartilage Repair in the Human Knee Using Mesenchymal Stem Cells and Hyaluronic Acid – A Translational Project'
- 28th Annual Scientific Meeting, Singapore Orthopaedic Association – Young Orthopaedic Investigator Award for my paper titled: Stem cell therapy for large cartilage defects in a porcine model – A novel minimally invasive approach
- 28th Annual Scientific Meeting, Singapore Orthopaedic Association – N Balachandran Best Paper Award for essay titled: Orthopaedics in Singapore – Brave New World
- SPRING Singapore EXSA Silver Award 2009
- Ministry of Health 2007 Human Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) Award – 1-year Joint Replacement/ Arthritis Fellowship at Stanford University School of Medicine, Department of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Minister for Health Award for the medical relief effort after the Indonesian Earthquake in May 2006 (Team Leader of the National University Hospital Team)
- NUH STAR Award July-September 2006 and January-March 2007
Health articles shared by Dr Lee Boon Leng, Kevin
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Lee Boon Leng, Kevin
No questions found