The Orthopaedic Centre (Novena)
38 Irrawaddy Road #09-42
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
The Orthopaedic Centre (Gleneagles)
6 Napier Road #07-15
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Master of Medicine (Orthopaedics), National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Dr David Su is a orthopaedic surgeon practising at Gleneagles Hospital and Mount Elizabeth Hospitals, Singapore. Apart from general orthopaedic surgery, his special interests are foot and ankle deformity correction, sports injuries, cartilage regeneration and complex lower limb trauma.
- Dr David Su was a consultant orthopaedic surgeon and the director of Foot and Ankle Services at the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at the Singapore General Hospital, prior to co-founding The Orthopaedic Centre in 2013. He graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS), obtained his post-graduate medical qualifications and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh.
- Dr Su served in the public service for 15 years. He was awarded a scholarship to undergo subspecialty fellowship training in foot and ankle surgery in Melbourne, Australia at The Park Clinic under Dr Mark Blackney. There he had the privilege to treat a myriad of patients, including elite and Olympic athletes with foot and ankle conditions ranging from trauma and sports injuries to lower limb deformities and degenerative conditions. He has also worked with foot and ankle surgeons in countries such as Switzerland, Germany and the United States, gaining a global perspective in treating patients.
- Dr Su has been invited to lecture at multiple local, regional and international orthopaedic conferences and has been a lecturer at AO (Arbeitsgemeinschaft für Osteosynthesefragen) courses dealing with fractures and orthopaedic trauma. He has been actively teaching and mentoring doctors in orthopaedic advanced specialty training, and training international fellows in foot and ankle surgery. As an adjunct assistant professor, he taught postgraduate students at the Duke-NUS Medical School and tutored undergraduates at the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Dr Su has served as Honorary Secretary of the Singapore Orthopaedic Association in the past.
- Dr Su pioneered surgical techniques for brace-free rehabilitation after ankle ligament reconstructive surgery in Singapore. With his personal interest in sports, and having participated in multiple marathons and Ironman triathlons, he understands the aspirations, needs and expectations of athletes. He combined this personal interest with philanthropic work in being self-funded and raising money for the Handicaps Welfare Association at the Ironman Western Australia Triathlon in 2006.
- Dr Su is married with 3 children and continues to be active in church work. He considers it an honour, and a deeply humbling experience, to encounter patients in their life’s journey, and to help bring them through to recovery.
Health articles shared by Dr Su Hsien Ching, David
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Su Hsien Ching, David
No questions found