Chee Ear Nose Throat Surgery
3 Mount Elizabeth #05-10
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- FRCS (Edinburgh),
- DLO (ENT) (UK),
- FRCS (Glasgow),
- FAMS (Otorhinolaryngology)
- Dr Nelson Chee graduated with MBBS from the National University of Singapore in 1989. He passed his primary surgical examinations whilst still serving his National Service as a Naval Medical Officer in 1992. He then completed both his basic and advanced surgical training in ENT. Dr Chee was conferred the ENT Fellowship by the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh and Glasgow, and the Diploma in Laryngology and Otology by the Royal College of Surgeons in England in 1994, and the Fellowship in Otorhinolaryngology by the Academy of Medicine, Singapore in 1998.
- During his training years, Dr Chee received numerous scholarships and traveled to many countries to hone his craft by learning from the best in the world. He visited top ENT centres such as the House Ear Institute in Los Angeles, University of Iowa, Georgia Medical Centre, University of Michigan, Bionic Ear Institute in Melbourne and others. In 1999-2000, under the prestigious HMDP scholarship, Dr Chee completed his subspecialty training in Otology, Neurotology and Lateral Skull Base Surgery as a clinical fellow in the Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine in Baltimore, ranked the top ENT centre in America. There he was privileged to have worked under some of the best in the field, particularly Dr John Niparko, Dr Howard Francis, Dr Mike Holliday and Dr Lloyd Minor.
- Dr Chee returned in 2000 and continued his work in Tan Tock Seng Hospital, the second largest hospital in Singapore.
- Dr Chee served as Chief of the Otology and Vestibular Service and also Director of the Balance Programme. He received numerous service quality awards in the course of his work, such as the National Health Group Service Champion Award, Spring Singapore Excellent Service Award, Quality Convention award and Clinical Practice Improvement Project prize, testimony to his continuous quest in delivering high quality care to his patients. Dr Chee received the Tan Tock Seng Hospital 10 year Long Service Award in 2002.
- In 2006 Dr Chee left Tan Tock Seng Hospital as a Senior Consultant to go into full time private practice so as to devote more personalized attention and time for his patient. Dr Chee is a fully accredited ENT surgeon with the Ministry of Health, Singapore. He is also on the Roll of Specialist by the Academy of Medicine, Singapore. Dr Chee has full operating rights in all the major private medical facilities in Singapore. Besides his main practice in Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre, Dr Chee is also a visiting consultant to Tan Tock Seng Hospital and Alexandra Hospital and a Clinical Lecturer in the National University of Singapore.
- Dr Chee is highly regarded for his professional work, and is regularly invited as faculty speaker in numerous local and international conferences and workshops. Just as he has been the beneficiary of the training and guidance by his mentors and seniors, Dr Chee has taught many medical students, young doctors and ENT colleagues both in Singapore and around the region. As part of continuing medical education efforts, Dr Chee has organized many medical symposiums and workshops, particularly those involving balance disorders and cochlear implants.
- Dr Chee is a regular examiner for both the Master of Medicine (Otorhinolaryngology) Examination and the Academy of Medicine Exit Certification Examination in Otorhinolaryngology since 2003. With a keen interest in evidence based practices, Dr Chee has participated in numerous research projects and is widely published in both international and local journals. He held grants from Tan Tock Seng Hospital and National Healthcare Group. Currently Dr Chee is collaborating with scientists on audiological and voice related research. He was also a reviewer for research grant applications for several bodies, such as the National Medical Research Council. Dr Chee received the SMJ certificate for distinction in reviewing in 2006 and 2008.
- Dr Chee served as an elected member of the executive committee in the Chapter of Otorhinolaryngology, Chapter of Surgeons, Singapore (2005-2007, 2007-2009), He was also in the executive committee of the inaugural Society of Otorhinolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery of Singapore (2007-2008). Dr Chee is the elected Group Representative of the Otorhinolaryngology (ENT) specialty group and sits on the Medical Advisory Board and the Credentials Committee in Mount Elizabeth Hospital (2009 to 2011).
- Certificate of completion of Advanced Specialty Training 1997
- Certification by Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (USA) 1997
- FAMS (ENT) 1998
- Certificate of Specialist Accreditation, Ministry of Health, Singapore 1998
Certificate of Specialist Registration, Singapore Medical Council 1999
Certificate of completion of Clinical Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine 1999-2000
Fellow, American Academy of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 2002
Health articles shared by Dr Chee Wang Cheng, Nelson
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Chee Wang Cheng, Nelson View All
No questions found