Julian Lee Ear Nose Throat Specialist
38 Irrawaddy Road #06-62
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- MBBS (Singapore),
- FRCS (Edin),
- FRCS (Glasg),
- FAAOHNS (USA),
- FAMS (ORL)
- Dr Julian Lee is an Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgeon. He brings with him 21 years of medical knowledge and surgical skills to The ENT Practice at Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre. His clinical focus area is nose and sinus disorders with a strong emphasis on evidence-based treatment options for allergy, infection, and trauma.
- Dr Lee graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1991. Upon completion of Advanced Specialty Training in ENT he was inducted as a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 1998, the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery in 2001, and the Academy of Medicine of Singapore in 2002.
- He was awarded the Health Manpower Development Program Fellowship by the Ministry of Health in 2002. The scholarship accorded him the privilege of training in the United States of America as a Fellow to Professor Frederick Kuhn, a pioneer and world leader in the field of Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Image-Guided Surgery, and Balloon Sinuplasty. Upon his return, Dr Lee established the allergy and sinus surgery practice at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH). Dr Lee has extensive experience in the assessment and management of ear, nose, and throat conditions, and a special interest in advanced sinus surgery techniques including image-guided endoscopic sinus surgery, revision endosopic sinus surgery for complex frontal sinus disease, anterior skull base surgery, balloon sinuplasty, inhalant allergy and immunotherapy, and maxillo-facial trauma.
- Highly regarded as a specialist in the treatment of disorders of the nose, Dr Lee has been acknowledged for his service excellence and consistent results in the treatment of nasal and sinus conditions. In 2009, he was appointed to the Clinical Practice Guidelines Workgroup of the Ministry of Health that formulated and published the recommendations for The Management of Rhinosinusitis and Allergic Rhinitis. In addition, he has widely published in local and international journals in the field of rhinology, head and neck cancer, and maxillofacial trauma.
- Dr Lee served in the Department of Otolaryngology of Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH) from 1996 to 2012, culminating in his appointment as Senior Consultant in 2009. During his tenure in TTSH, he had won numerous awards. These include EXSA Service Excellence Awards Silver in 2005 and Gold in 2006, and Top Ten Teachers Award for Undergraduate Teaching in 2007 to 2008. He has a strong conviction to pay it forward through his links with the public sector with academic appointments as Clinical Lecturer and Examiner for the Final Master of Medicine Examination with the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore, and Examiner for the Exit Examination in Otolaryngology with the Academy of Medicine Singapore.
Health articles shared by Dr Lee Cheow Yew, Julian
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Lee Cheow Yew, Julian View All
No questions found