Ear Nose Throat Head And Neck Surgery
3 Mount Elizabeth #03-02
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- MMed (ORL),
- FAMS (ORL)
- Dr Kenneth Oo graduated in 1997 from the Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore. He attained his Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons in Edinburgh in 2002. He also completed his Masters of Medicine (Otorhinolaryngology) in 2005 and completed 6 years of ear, nose and throat surgical training in 2009 where he was accredited as specialist in Otolaryngology (ENT). Dr Oo also holds a Masters in Science awarded for his time spent on research in the field of tissue engineering.
- Dr Oo completed a clinical fellowship in Otolaryngology, Head and Neck surgery with the Department of Otolaryngology, St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne, Australia under the supervision of Australia’s leading Head & Neck surgeon, Associate Professor Bernard Lyons as well as a 1 year HMDP clinical fellowship in Facial Plastic surgery with the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of Virginia, United States of America under the supervision of world renown facial plastic surgeon, Professor Stephen Park.
- His clinical interests include Rhinoplasty, otoplasty, reconstruction of facial defects following injury or tumour resection, microtia reconstruction, complementary surgical and office based procedures for facial rejuvenation, head and neck surgery including thyroid, salivary gland and cancers of the head and neck. During his previous position as a Consultant ENT surgeon at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, he was in charge of the “Nose Clinic” managing patients with nasal allergies and sinusitis. He also ran the “Voice Clinic” which was a multidisciplinary clinic managing patients with voice and reflux problems.
- Dr Oo is a fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore, Fellow of the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery and has published articles in international peer-reviewed journals like Laryngoscope, Plastic reconstructive Surgery, Head and Neck and Clinics in Facial Plastic Surgery. He has been invited to give lectures both regionally and internationally and was course director for Rhinoplasty courses at the Singapore General Hospital and the National University Hospital in Singapore. He is currently a faculty member for AO.-CMF (Craniomaxillofacial) and is a visiting consultant to Changi General Hospital as well as the National University Hospital.
- Dr Oo has been a recipient of various awards including first prize for original research at the Annual ENT society meeting, National Medical Research Council Fellowship and the Health Manpower Development Programme fellowship.
Health articles shared by Dr Oo Kian Kwan, Kenneth
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Oo Kian Kwan, Kenneth
No questions found