International Baby Child & Adolescent Specialist Clinic
38 Irrawaddy Road #06-56/57
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- M Med (Paediatric Medicine),
- MRCPCH (UK)
- Dr Cindy Hia is a paediatrician with a subspecialty interest in Paediatric Cardiology and Foetal Cardiology. She obtained her basic medical degree (MBBS) from the National University of Singapore and went on to complete a postgraduate degree in Paediatric Medicine and is now an accredited paediatrician.
- During the course of her training, Dr Hia obtained extensive experience in neonatal and paediatric intensive care. She was also funded by National University Hospital for rotations to the Paediatric Cardiac Intensive Care Unit at the Children’s Hospital in Boston (Massachusetts, USA) in 2002 and 2012. In 2006, she received the Health Manpower Development Programme Award for a fellowship in paediatric cardiology at the Royal Brompton Hospital (London, United Kingdom) where she further developed her skills in paediatric cardiology, paediatric diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterisation and foetal cardiology. There, she also gained some experience in cardiac magnetic resonance imaging of congenital and structural heart disease.
- Dr Hia spent approximately 15 years working at the Department of Paediatrics in the National University Hospital, where she was appointed as a Senior Consultant in 2013. She was also actively involved in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching at the National University Hospital. She was previously the Associate Programme Director of the NUHS Paediatric Medicine Residency Programme and has published research articles in medical journals and presented at conferences abroad.
- Dr Hia practices both general paediatrics and paediatric cardiology. Apart from healthy newborns, she also looks after neonates, children and adolescents with congenital heart disease. As part of her paediatric cardiology practice, she does echocardiography (transthoracic and transoesphageal) and diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterisations (device closure of atrial septal defects and patent arterial ducts and balloon pulmonary valvuloplasty). As part of her foetal cardiology work, Dr Cindy Hia also does fetal echocardiography and provides antenatal consults for foetal cardiac anomalies.
- Clinical focus: Paediatric cardiology, general paediatrics, foetal cardiology
- Procedure focus: Echocardiography, paediatric cardiac catheterisation (diagnostic & interventional), foetal echocardiography
Health articles shared by Dr Hia Ping Ping, Cindy
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Hia Ping Ping, Cindy
No questions found