- MBBS (Singapore),
- M Med (Paed) (Singapore)
- Dr Phuah is a Paediatrician at the Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre and a Visiting Consultant of Neurology Service, Department of Paediatric Medicine, KK Women's and Children's Hospital (KKH).
- He received his MBBS (1989) and Master of Medicine (Paediatrics)(1994) from the National University of Singapore.
- Dr Phuah was a Child Neurology Fellow (Division of Paediatric Neurology) at the Children's Hospital of Alabama, the paediatric teaching hospital of the University of Alabama in the USA, from 1997 to 2000. He was awarded as a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore in 2004.
- Dr Phuah was previously a Consultant (Department of Paediatric Medicine) at KKH and served as Head of the Neurology Service. He was also a member of the Medical Board of the hospital. He was the recipient of two Singhealth research grants, studying the utility of portable Video EEG monitoring for definitive diagnosis and characterization of seizures in children, and developing a database for Seizure Disorders in Children.
- Dr Phuah has a special interest in the evaluation of common neurological disorders in children (seizure disorders/epilepsy, headaches, developmental delay, involuntary movement, etc) and the evaluation of acute neurological emergencies in children (meningitis, encephalitis, refractory seizures, altered awareness, acute flaccid paralysis, strokes, etc).
Health articles shared by Dr Phuah Huan Kee
No shared articles found