Aesthetic & Reconstructive Centre
3 Mount Elizabeth #13-08
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- MBBS (Singapore)
- FRCSEd (Gen Surg)
- FRCS (Gen Surg)(Glasg)
- M.Med (Gen Surg)(Singapore)
- FAMS (Plastic Surgery)
- Dr Andrew Khoo is a MOH Accredited Specialist Plastic Surgeon who did his basic medical training at The National University of Singapore. He obtained his Master of Medicine in Surgery in 1992 and went on to obtain fellowships from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Glasgow.
- Dr Khoo's training in Plastic Surgery begun at the Department of Plastic Surgery in Singapore General Hospital. He was awarded an HMDP scholarship by the Singapore Ministry of Health to further his subspecialty training at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Centre in Houston, Texas. He spent one year at this institution training in microsurgical reconstruction of patients who had undergone resections of head & neck and breast tumours. Dr Khoo spent another year at the Institute of Craniofacial & Reconstructive Surgery in Southfield, Michigan to further his training in craniofacial and aesthetic surgery under the supervision of Dr Ian Jackson.
- Dr Khoo returned to Singapore in 1998, and to the position of consultant plastic surgeon in 1999. He then left Singapore General Hospital and begun his private practice at the Aesthetic & Reconstructive Centre in Mount Elizabeth Hospital in 2002. Despite leaving the public healthcare sector, he still maintains a visiting consultant appointment at Singapore General Hospital and Kandang Kerbau Women's and Children's Hospital where he is active in teaching future Plastic Surgeons.
- In the realm of research, Dr Khoo performed a study on the tracheobronchial cytology of patients who had suffered inhalational injury from burns. He was awarded the SGH Young Investigator's award in 1995 for his work. Whilst at the MD Anderson Cancer Centre, he produced a number of papers in peer reviewed journals on breast reconstruction and pelvic reconstruction. In total, Dr Khoo has published 16 articles in peer reviewed journals. His current interests are in researching the results of breast reconstruction in Singapore.
- Dr Khoo is a member of the Singapore Medical Association and has been the Honorary Secretary of the Singapore Association of Plastic Surgeons and the Singapore Society of Cosmetic (Aesthetic) Surgeons since 1999. He is also a past President of the Singapore Society of Cosmetic (Aesthetic) Surgeons.
Health articles shared by Dr Khoo Kian Ming, Andrew
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Khoo Kian Ming, Andrew
No questions found