Ivor J. Lim Plastic Surgery
38 Irrawaddy Road #11-60/63
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- MA, MBBChir (Cambridge), FRCS (Edinburgh), FRCS (Glasgow), MMed (Surgery)(Singapore),
- FAMS (Plastic Surgery), FRCS (Plastic Surgery)(Intercollegiate Specialty Boards, United Kingdom),
- Exit Certification in Plastic Surgery (Specialist Accreditation Board,
- Dr Ivor Lim is a plastic surgeon with more than 15 years of experience in the field. He provides specialised care in Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery at his clinic at Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital. Dr Lim is the only Plastic Surgeon in Singapore to have dual specialised training in both Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery. His interests and expertise lie in facial cosmetic surgery, laser and light cosmetic applications, cosmetic breast surgery and body contouring.
- Dr Lim received his undergraduate medical training at Cambridge University and St. Thomas's Hospital in London, and received his MBBChir and MA in Pathology. He then returned to Singapore, completed his basic training and became a Fellow of both the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow. Shortly after, he obtained his Master of Medicine (Surgery) Degree at the National University of Singapore, winning the Yahya Cohen Gold Medal, and successfully gained competitive entrance into Plastic Surgery Advanced Surgical Training. His training included Hand Surgery, General Plastic Surgery, Craniofacial and Cleft Surgery, Microsurgical Reconstructive Surgery, Burns Surgery, and Cosmetic Surgery. Upon full completion of his Plastic Surgery training, Dr Lim served as a Fellow on the prestigious Pan Thames (London) rotation in the United Kingdom. Subsequent to that, he was conferred Fellowship to the Academy of Medicine of Singapore, and was admitted to the Plastic Surgery Specialists Register.
- Determined to go the extra mile, Dr Lim then took the additional step of sitting for and passing the FRCS (Plastic Surgery) exams held by the Intercollegiate Specialty Boards of the United Kingdom, where he was awarded the Ian MacGregor Gold Medal in Plastic Surgery. Dr Lim thus became the first Plastic Surgeon in Singapore to receive Full Specialist Qualifications in Plastic Surgery from the United Kingdom, as well as being the first non-British national to win the MacGregor Medal - the most prestigious award for British Plastic Surgery. He is currently an Overseas Member of the British Association of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS).
- Prior to setting up his private practice, Dr Lim was a Consultant Plastic Surgeon and Consultant Hand Surgeon at the National University Hospital.
- On the academic front, Dr Lim plays an active role in educating the next generation of surgeons, serving as an adjunct Associate Professor in Surgery for the National University of Singapore for many years. During this time, he started his ground breaking work on scar biology with his close friend and colleague Associate Professor Phan Toan Thang.
- Dr Lim has contributed greatly to research as well, and is the Director of the Skin Cell Research Group at the National University of Singapore, an active member of the North American Plastic Surgery Research Council and a Founder and Medical Director of Singapore Biotechnology companies CellResearch Corporation and CordLabs. Dr Lim was the first Singaporean to present his research work at the North American Plastic Surgery Research Council and received the Saleh M Shenaq International Research Award for his ground breaking work on scar and keloid biology. In addition to that, he is the co-inventor for multiple patents related to umbilical cord lining stem cells (13 international patents as of May 2012) as well as for tissue engineering applications. Dr Lim is an extensively published surgeon with many papers in International Peer Reviewed Plastic Surgery and Research journals since 1992, and still serves as a peer reviewer for journals as well as for competitive grants.
- Clinical focus: Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery, Hand Surgery
- Procedure focus: Surgical and Non-Surgical Procedures related to Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
Health articles shared by Dr Lim Jiun, Ivor
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Lim Jiun, Ivor View All
No questions found