Specialist Dental Group
3 Mount Elizabeth #08-08/10
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- BDS (Hong Kong)
- MS (Prosthodontics)
- Cert Prosthodontics (USA)
- FRCD (Canada)
- FRACDS (Australia)
- FAM (Singapore)
- Cert. Maxillo-Facial Prosthetics (USA)
- Interests: Dental Implants, Instant Implants, Dental Crowns & Bridges, Veneers, Teeth Whitening, Wisdom Teeth Extraction, Root Canal Treatment, TMJ Disorders, Dental Assessment.
- Dr. Ansgar C. Cheng is a Prosthodontist at Specialist Dental Group. He is also an Adjunct Associate Professor with the National University of Singapore, a Consultant at the National University Hospital and an Examiner (Prosthodontics) with the Royal College of Dentists of Canada.
- Dr. Cheng received his dental training from the University of Hong Kong and his specialty training in Prosthodontics from Northwestern University, Chicago. He pursued his sub-specialty training in Maxillofacial Prosthodontics at UCLA. He is a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore, the Royal College of Dentists of Canada and the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons. Before moving to Singapore in 2004, Dr. Cheng spent 11 years in Toronto, Canada. He was the Head of Maxillofacial Prosthetics at the University Health Network-Princess Margaret Hospital (the largest cancer hospital in Canada), a Consultant to the Department of Otolaryngology (ENT) at the Toronto General Hospital and an Assistant Professor of Prosthodontics with the University of Toronto.
- Dr. Cheng sits on the Singapore Dental Specialist Accreditation Board and is a member of the Dental Specialist Assessment Committee (Prosthodontics), the Association of Prosthodontists of Canada, the International Society for Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Prosthodontics Society (Singapore) and Aesthetic Dentistry Society Singapore.
- In addition to his clinical work, Dr. Cheng is a member of the Editorial Review Board for the Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, the International Journal of Prosthodontics and the Singapore Dental Journal. He has won several scientific writing awards and has published numerous scientific papers and over 100 abstracts in peer-reviewed journals. He speaks regularly at conferences and seminars in Canada, USA, Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia and Hong Kong.
- Dr. Cheng has a special interest in dental implants, Instant Implantsâ„¢, crowns, cosmetic dentistry and dental treatment of head and neck cancer patients.
- JOURNAL PROSTHETIC DENTISTRY
- Judson C. Hickey Scientific Writing Award (2000)
- Judson C. Hickey Scientific Writing Award (1998)
- Judson C. Hickey Scientific Writing Award (1997)
- UNIVERSITY OF HONG KONG, HONG KONG
- Distinction, Periodontology & Public Health
- Alumni Prize for Academic Merit and Participation in Extra-Curricular Activities (1990)
Oral-B Prize in Periodontology (1990)
Health articles shared by Dr Cheng Chi Chung, Ansgar
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Cheng Chi Chung, Ansgar View All
No questions found