Jane Yap Chest & Medical Clinic Pte Ltd
38 Irrawaddy Road #09-36
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- MBBS - NUS-Singapore, 1982
- M Med (Int Med) - NUS-Singapore, 1987
- FAMS (Respiratory Medicine) - Academy of Medicine, Singapore, 1991
- Dr Jane Yap is a Respiratory Physician who has been in private practice since 2001 and currently practices in Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital. She specialises in the treatment of asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), tuberculosis, lung cancer, pleural diseases, chronic cough and pneumonia.
- Dr Yap graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1982 with MBBS (Singapore) and in 1987 with Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine). She was awarded FAMS (Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore) 1991, Roll of Specialist in Respiratory Medicine, 1992 and is accredited to specialise in Respiratory Medicine (1998) and Intensive Care Medicine (2012).
- In 1997 Dr Yap helped formulate STEPS (Singapore Tuberculosis Elimination Programme) after one year as Singapore’s representative in the World Health Organization (WHO) Tuberculosis Surveillance Team (1996-2000). She was also Acting Head (1996-1997) of the Tuberculosis Department at Tan Tock Seng Hospital and Consultant (1993-2001) at Respiratory Department of the said hospital prior to joining private practice.
- She is the principal author of more than 35 papers on research areas of lung mechanics, bronchial hyperactivity and tuberculosis. These papers have been published in both local and international journals as well as being presented at a number of international conferences. In addition to that, she was a clinical tutor and lecturer for medical students, doctors and nurses in Singapore and overseas.
Health articles shared by Dr Yap Cheng Hoon, Jane
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Yap Cheng Hoon, Jane
No questions found