The extensive pre-transplant donor evaluation aims to reduce the risk to both the donor and yourself. It confirms that the donor is mentally and physically fit, and that the portion of the liver to be donated is suitable for you.
- An independent team of physicians, cardiologists, psychiatrists, dentists, nephrologists, and infectious disease physicians will carry out further assessment on your donor.
- Also, our transplant coordinator will assess the social and financial history of the donor’s family, in order to provide the necessary information for the ethics committee.
- Your donor will need to sign a legal declaration before the Commissioner of Oath to complete the legal requirements for the transplantation.
- For foreign donors, their passports need to be verified at their respective local embassy in Singapore.
The Transplant Ethics Committee (TEC) consists of:
- A medical practitioner involved with the hospital
- A medical practitioner not involved with the hospital (from the National Team)
- A layperson from the National Team
The TEC members are independent and they are governed under the Ministry of Health’s Human Organ Transplant Act (HOTA) in Singapore.
Once approved by the TEC, your LDLT will be performed a week after the date of approval. If your condition is deteriorating rapidly, the surgery date can be brought forward.
Our business office will also provide you with financial counselling, and the deposit will be collected one week before to your admission to the hospital.