- Related Treatments and Services
Cardiothoracic surgeons surgically treat conditions of the heart, lungs and chest.
They perform treatments such as:
Heart and vascular
Lungs, chest and oesophagus
- Lung cancer surgery (e.g. VATS lobectomy)
- Lung volume surgery for emphysema
- Oesophagectomy for esophageal cancer
- Pleurodesis for fluid or air in the chest cavity
- Sympathectomy for sweaty palms or armpits
- Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery (VATS)
- Wedge resection
- Decortication of empyema
This page has been reviewed by our medical content reviewers.