- Rotator cuff repair
- Total joint replacement (shoulder, hip, knee)
- Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction
- Arthroscopic knee surgery (meniscectomy and meniscal repairs)
- Arthroscopic hip surgery (labral repairs)
- Achilles tendon repair
- Neck and back surgery (fusion, laminectomy, decompression)
- Nerve release (cubital tunnel, radial tunnel, carpal tunnel, tarsal tunnel)
- Surgical fixation of fractures of the arms and legs
Cardio-pulmonary rehabilitation is suitable for patients with heart and lung conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, pneumonia and cardiac arrest (myocardial ischemia). In this programme, we also provide pre- and post-operative rehabilitation for patients who have undergone surgical procedures such as coronary artery bypass, valve replacement, lung resection, angioplasty, cardiothoracic surgery and various abdominal surgeries. Its primary goal is to help patients clear lung secretions, improve endurance and regain functional independence through individualised exercise programmes which include breathing techniques, chest expansion exercises, postural drainage, chest physiotherapy and energy conservation techniques.
Various assistive devices that may be used as an adjunct to therapies include the incentive spirometer, Acapella, Flutter, cough assist device, high frequency chest wall oscillation (HFCWO), positive inspiratory pressure (PIP) therapy, and inspiratory muscle trainer.
We also provide outpatient-based cardiopulmonary rehabilitation for patients who have undergone major cardiothoracic surgery. This programme will help to optimise the patient's functions and help speed up recovery in an effective and safe manner. The patient’s vital signs (blood pressure, heart rate, oxygen saturation) will be monitored closely. A telemetry device will be used to monitor the ECG/heart rhythm to ensure the patient's safety.