General conditions we treat
At Mount Elizabeth Hospitals, our rehabilitation therapists can help you manage or recover from a wide range of conditions. These conditions include:
- Neurological conditions such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury, head injury, balance dysfunction, Bell’s palsy and Guillain-Barre syndrome
- Heart and lung conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), pulmonary fibrosis, cystic fibrosis, pneumonia and cardiac arrest (myocardial ischemia)
- Communication disorders such as speech and language delays or disorders, stuttering or stammering, language difficulties (aphasia or dysphasia) and speech difficulties (dysarthria or dyspraxia)
- Voice disorders such as vocal cord nodules and polyps, vocal fold paralysis or paresis, muscle tension dysphonia, spasmodic dysphonia and puberphonia
- Vestibular disorders such as inner ear disorders and benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
- Foot conditions such as ingrown toenails, toenail injury, diabetic foot care, tinea pedis (athlete's foot), venous ulcers, and necrotic conditions
- Swallowing difficulties (dysphagia)
Orthopaedic conditions we treat
Besides the conditions listed above, we are also experienced in managing and treating musculoskeletal disorders, such as:
Back and spine
Shoulder, hand and fingers
Hip, leg and knee
*This is not a complete list of all the conditions that we recognise and treat. The information is designed for educational references only and should not be seen as medical advice.
Please consult one of our qualified healthcare specialists for an accurate diagnosis before starting any treatment.